John Dunlap has represented policy-holders in insurance defense litigation since 1979. He has handled multiple types of litigation matters including automobile cases, premises liability cases, oil field injury cases, insurance coverage disputes, and errors and omissions litigation. He has represented insurance agents all across the State of Texas in professional liability claims.
Appeals that he has handled include:
- • Farrell v. Commercial Structures and Interiors Inc., 2002 WL 31411022 (Tex. App.–Dallas 2002, no pet.);
- • Mid United Contractors, Inc. v. Providence Lloyds, 754 S.W.2d 824 (Tex. App.–Fort Worth 1998, writ denied);
- • Gladu v. Wallace, 2003 WL 2010946 (Tex. App.–Eastland 2003, no pet.);
- • Russell v. Wendy’s Int’l Inc., 219 S.W.3d 629 (Tex. App.–Dallas, 2007, no pet.);
- • Dugger v. Arredondo, 408 S.W.3d 825 (Tex. 2013).
He has argued cases in district courts, in the Texas Courts of Appeal, and in the Texas Supreme Court. He has participated in over 40 cases that have gone to a jury verdict.
Community Activities & Personal
John has been married since 1982 to Denise Dunlap, and they have two children, Ted and Ann. In their spare time, John and his wife assist refugee families through the volunteer organization Gateway of Grace.
- • United States Court of Appeals, 5th Circuit
- • United States District Courts:
- • Northern District of Texas
- • Southern District of Texas
- • Eastern District of Texas
- • Western District of Texas
- • Teaching ESL through Literacy Instruction for Texas